Yes! Just one spark of static electricity can engulf a person in flames. This happens most often when the individual goes back into the car while gas pumps, then touches the nozzle before touching anything else. Even taking off a jacket can create enough static to start a fire. To avoid a fire, get rid of any possible static charge by tapping the top of the car before you touch the nozzle. And if a fire does start, leave the nozzle in the car to prevent a large explosion and keep things contained.